Business Name: Alice's Honey
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/alice.dlamini1
100% Pure Organic Raw and Non-irradiated Honey from the farms of Kameeldrift – a quaint farming community on the outskirts of Pretoria.
The honey is carefully harvested from wild bees and no additives, harmful substances or preservatives are used and non-invasive techniques are employed to harvest the honey-combs. The harvesting is carefully carried out by one or two individuals which reduces any harmful impact on the bees; and even better, no modern technology is used in any process to extract the honey from the honeycombs.
The bee hives are placed in the wild among the indigenous vegetation to enable the bees to access all the wild flora particularly in-season flowers; making sure that you will never have the same flavour, aroma and texture of honey from one season to another.
Alice’s Honey is 100% natural honey that has all the benefits your body needs and the goodness you are looking for made from wild bees using nectar from the flowers in the area. This honey is unheated, unpasteurized and unprocessed.
Your support is appreciated in this initiative as it helps in:
1. Creating employment. 2. Skills development training in apiculture. 3. Training communities on the importance of bees and pollination for crops. 4. Increase the number of bee hives to increase production “There has been a shortage of beekeepers, down from 25 000 in 1980 to less than 2 000 in 2017” Marchand told Fin24. 5. Increase exports – reduced imports and reduced cost and price.
Prices: 250g – R38
500g – R75
1kg – R150
2kg – R300
With the prize money I would be able to:
1. Buy more hives to increase my honey production,
2. Formalise the business by having a website,
3. Employ women that I can work with to harvest the honey,
4. Create honey products – I have made samples of scrubs and face wash etc and need more hands to assist and purchase materials to package.